Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries in an accident, you might seek counsel from a Phoenix personal injury lawyer who can explain your legal options. At Lorona Mead, we have provided valuable counsel to many clients in the past as they sought compensation for their injuries.
Personal injury claims may be applicable when one person suffers harm from an accident or injury due to someone else’s negligence.
What is negligence?
A Phoenix personal injury lawyer that citizens can trust may explain that negligence is the failure to use reasonable care, resulting in damage or injury to another. To have an effective personal injury claim, the victim must have been injured from the negligence or wrongdoing of another individual.
Do I need a personal injury lawyer?
A Phoenix personal injury lawyer from Lorona Mead may be able to help you receive compensation for losses from an accident that wasn’t your fault. Accidents occur frequently and may result in physical or emotional injury, leading to high medical bills and lost wages. If you believe you could be entitled to compensation for personal injury, you may want to hire an attorney who can handle the legal aspects.
What kind of accidents are considered personal injury cases?
Many different kinds of accidents could qualify for a personal injury claim. Common personal injury cases include:
- Car Accident Injuries: Injuries from a car accident can range from minor to severe. A Phoenix personal injury lawyer from our firm may help you navigate the car accident claim process, including insurance and bills. When you are injured due to the negligence of others it is important that you seek assistance from a competent attorney.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death is a painful experience that is often financially devastating for the family of the deceased. The family may have significant medical expenses, final expenses for the deceased, and a loss of years of income and other benefits. We may help the deceased’s family seek monetary compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice claims can be filed for many different types of professional negligence. Our experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Lorona Mead may work with you to prepare your case and help prove your claim. When you or your loved ones suffer from life-long disabilities and debilitation due to the mistakes of a healthcare professional, you deserve fair compensation.
- Premises Liability: Property owners have certain obligations to keep their property safe for visitors and those invited to do business on the property. When they fail to do so, innocent people can suffer devastating personal injuries. If you or a loved one have been injured due to unsafe conditions on another’s property, we may help you recover the compensation you deserve and hold the property owners accountable for their negligence.
Other types of personal injury claims may include slip and fall accidents, dog bites, birth injuries, and other vehicular accidents. No matter what type of injury you suffered, consulting with a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ may help your case.
How much is a personal injury case worth?
During your initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer Phoenix AZ trusts, he may help you determine the approximate value of your personal injury case. He may look at several factors to make this determination, such as the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For example, if your injuries have left you permanently disabled and prevent you from performing your job, you may be entitled to higher compensation.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer Phoenix AZ Respects
It is essential to ask a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ a variety of different questions before hiring him. Asking a lawyer about his legal background and experience may help you determine if he is the right person to take your case or not. Here are several questions you might want to ask a personal injury lawyer during the first consultation:
- Do you have experience with this type of personal injury case? Not all personal injury lawyers have the same type of experience. Some of these lawyers have experience representing car accident victims while others have more experience dealing with slip and fall accident cases. For example, if you have a medical malpractice case and the lawyer you speak with only has experience with car accident lawsuits, he might not be the right attorney for you.
- Do you have enough time to devote to my case? Some lawyers take all the cases that come to them, even if they already have heavy caseloads. This can negatively impact the clients. If a personal injury lawyer Phoenix AZ relies on already has many other cases, he might not be able to devote enough time to your case right away, delaying the money that you may be entitled to. Before you hire a lawyer, ask him how many other cases he is currently working on and if he realistically has the time to devote to your case.
- Do you think my case will go to trial? A reputable Phoenix personal injury lawyer should be prepared to go to trial. Many personal injury claims can be settled very quickly, but a good lawyer will usually prepare for court regardless. If you settle too soon, you might not receive all the compensation you are entitled to.
- What will you need from me? It is also important to ask a personal injury lawyer Phoenix AZ counts on about your role in the lawsuit. Find out what he needs from you and if he would like you to be an active participant in the lawsuit or not.
- What are your fees? Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee, meaning they take a percentage of your winnings. If you do not win, you will not owe your lawyer any money. Ask a personal injury lawyer Phoenix AZ offers what his contingency fee is during your first meeting.
Can I receive a free consultation with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer?
At Lorona Mead we encourage you to contact our office at (602) 385-6825 to receive a free consultation. If you suffered from a personal injury accident, don’t hesitate to get counsel from a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA residents can trust.