Bike Accident Lawyer Phoenix AZ
At the law firm of Lorona Mead, we provide injury victims a free consultation with a bike accident lawyer Phoenix AZ residents have trusted for many years. Our lawyers have 48 years of combined experience. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our many personal injury clients. We’re proud to be the firm victims call when they need a bike accident lawyer Phoenix AZ offers.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
An experienced Phoenix AZ bike accident lawyer will recognize the most common causes for vehicle versus bicyclist collisions. For bicyclists, awareness of how accidents often occur may help them avoid accidents in the first place.
If you or another bicyclist are ever seriously injured due to a driver’s negligence, contact a Phoenix AZ bike accident lawyer immediately. If you are eligible for financial restitution, it’s important that you not delay in speaking with an attorney. In addition to the statute of limitations, accident evidence can decay or be lost forever.
Here are some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents, and how you can avoid them:
- Collision between bicyclist and the open door of a vehicle. While riding on a main road alongside parked vehicles, a motorist exits their vehicle. Unaware of the approaching bicyclist, they open their car door, creating a sudden and unexpected barrier. The bicyclist runs into the opened car door and is thrown into the vehicle, or onto the road surface. How to avoid: When vehicle traffic allows, leave a buffer distance between yourself and parked cars so that if a door opens it won’t hit you. Also, pay attention to cars that have just parked, as the driver is likely to exit the vehicle soon. Though you may run into the vehicle while riding, the driver can still be held liable. Contact a bike accident lawyer Phoenix AZ riders recommend from the law firm of Lorona Mead.
- A vehicle hits a bicyclist from behind. This can happen when the bicyclist is stopped at an intersection while waiting for the light to change, or even when the bike is in motion. How to avoid:Wear brightly colored clothing, and make sure your bicycle has intact and unobstructed reflectors and lights. Maintain a heightened sense of awareness; keep an eye on vehicles approaching from behind you, and move to the side if it appears that they don’t see you. Rear end accidents can be very serious. Contact a bike accident lawyer Phoenix AZ bicyclists hire in similar scenarios.
- A vehicle makes a turn and collides into a bicyclist. This type of bike accident occurs frequently, and happens in many kinds of scenarios including:
- A car travelling from the opposite direction turns left and hits a bicyclist.
- A vehicle emerges from an alley and hits the bicyclist as it turns onto the road.
- A car makes a right turn directly in front of a bicyclist who is riding parallel to the vehicle.
How to avoid: Anticipate that a vehicle may turn in front of you at any time, and create a buffer of space between you and the driver. Make eye contact with the driver so they are less likely to forget you are nearby. Make yourself and your bicycle as visible as possible so drivers will notice you more easily. If you or someone you know is seriously injured in a bike accident due to a driver’s negligence, you may wish to contact an attorney immediately. A bike accident lawyer in Phoenix AZ from Lorona Mead may help protect your rights.
Protecting the Rights of Arizona Residents
The attorneys at the law firm of Lorona Mead have 50 years of combined experience helping Arizona clients. If you were severely injured by a driver while riding your bicycle, call us for a free consultation. One of our experienced attorneys will be happy to review your case. If you need a bike accident lawyer Phoenix AZ accident victims trust, call Lorona Mead today.